Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still Without Sufficient Words . . .


Well, we're back now. The most common question to me has been: "So, how was it?" My most common response: "I don't have the words yet." And then I say words that are so inadequate: amazing, incredible, unbelievable, indescribable -- all words that have no descriptive meaning. Last night someone asked me for a "one-word takeaway" from the trip. Again, couldn't come up with one word, but the phrase that best encapsulates the way I feel the more I think and pray is this: The local church is the hope of the world. Anyway, as I continue to come up with additional words, I thought I'd share some of the thoughts I've had upon re-entry:

Now what?
Things have to change.
This is really hard to be back.
So much stuff everywhere.
What steps can I take today?
I miss my team.
I'm totally disoriented.
God, what would you have me do now?
How can I go back to the way things were?
Would it be better if I just didn't see the things I saw or know the things I now know?
I have taken so much for granted.
I am so blessed.
What have I been complaining about?
Why do I have four watches?
When do I get to go back?
How can I make sure my daughter gets this?
I need to focus.
I need to dream bigger.
One foot in front of the other.
Maybe a party would help.
I need some tea.
How long will it take for me to forget?
Please let me remember.
God, please show me the way.
I'm 35 and I'm just now getting this? Ugh.
I wonder if this Zambia soccer shirt will hold up in the wash.

(Also, I did add some pictures to previous entries, which I couldn't do while in Zambia because of a relatively slow internet connection.)

No comments:

Post a Comment