Thursday, September 16, 2010

Groans Words Cannot Express

We just returned to our hotel after going to the market in Ndola. I cannot believe what my eyes have seen. It is as if I have lost something I loved deeply. My heart is heavy, broken. And yet full of mercy and love I don't comprehend. Parts deep inside of me ache. My soul groans. My mind races with questions and flashes with images.

Tonight I can only turn to the Holy Spirit for help. "[T]he Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." (Romans 8:26-27)

Intercede, Spirit of God, and let your will be done, whatever it is, whatever my role.

No comments:

Post a Comment