Saturday, March 12, 2011

Reach Down

Sometimes we think sin has a grip on us when really we have a grip on sin.

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.  For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.  What a miserable man I am!  Who will save me from this body that brings me death?"  (Romans 7:21-24)

Reach Down

My hand grips this sin.
My knuckles turn red and white.
My palm chafes from the pressure.
A slow ache creeps up my wrist.

Reach down, O, Lord.
Reach down.

Pry my fingers free.
Relax the hold.
Part the palm.
Relieve the ache.

Reach down, O, Lord.
Reach down.

No comments:

Post a Comment